CoolSculpting Procedure at IDI
At IDI, we recognize and appreciate the importance of looking and feeling good in your skin every day. As your biggest organ, your skin is vitally important. If you’re hoping to enhance your appearance, a CoolSculpting procedure may help.
We are proud to offer this innovative treatment option for patients who want to eliminate stubborn fat pockets and feel more confident in their bodies.
If you still have fat pockets that don’t seem to disappear no matter what you do, CoolSculpting treatment may be an effective cosmetic option for you. In fact, this popular cosmetic procedure works to eliminate fat pockets for good.
How does a CoolSculpting procedure work?
Did you know that your body only has a set number of fat pockets? When you gain weight, those pockets increase in size, not number. Conversely, the fat pockets simply decrease in size when you lose weight, leaving you with the same number of fat pockets.
This one-of-a-kind treatment option works to actively eliminate up to 20% of the fat cells in your targeted area in just one session. The best part? Once removed, the fat cells are gone forever.
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure that uses a unique applicator to cool unwanted fat cells underneath the skin. It works by lowering the temperature of the fat cells and the overlying skin to damage and destroy the fat cells. After the cells are dead, they are carried away through the body by scavenger cells of the immune system.
This cosmetic procedure can be used on a variety of areas throughout the body but is most popular for treating:
- Flanks (love-handles or muffin top)
- Excess fat underneath the chin (double chin)
- Bra fat
- Gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts)
- Back fat
- Fat underneath the buttocks
- Upper arms
- The submandibular area below the jawline
Ideal for patients with a healthy BMI, this procedure should not be used as a direct treatment option for substantial weight loss.
What is involved in a CoolSculpting Procedure?
There are several steps involved in a CoolSculpting procedure and are typically completed as follows:
- The targeted area of the skin is wet with a moist gel pad.
- A specialized applicator is placed in contact with the targeted area of the skin.
- Suction is applied from the applicator that provides a mild feeling of pressure.
- Skin and fat cells are pulled into the applicator for fat freezing.
- The skin is released from the suction, causing you to feel a slight amount of discomfort for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Once the freezing occurs, your skin becomes numb.
Treatment times vary but typically last between 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the area being treated. There is no downtime after treatment. Patients may resume normal activities immediately following the procedure.
Most patients begin to notice an improvement in the appearance of the affected area within 8 to 16 weeks. At IDI, We recommend at least two treatments per area for best results.
Are there any side effects?
CoolSculpting is a safe and effective way to reduce fat.
Possible side effects include:
- Pain, swelling, or bruising
- A tingly or stinging sensation
- Mild swelling
- Mild to moderate pain
- Muscle cramping
- Skin sensitivity
- Diarrhea, as fat cells are being eliminated from the body
Contact us today to learn more about CoolSculpting treatment or schedule a consultation with our experienced dermatology team.